Monday, October 8, 2012

Sky Top Apple Orchard

For the second year in a row, Emery and I made the trek up to the North Carolina mountains (only about 45 minutes from our house--I don't know why we don't take advantage of this proximity more often) to visit Sky Top Apple Orchard.  We were joined by Davis and Harper (of course) and their mommies, Casey and Diana, as well as my friend Ashley and her 14 month old twins, Max and Sydney!  We had a wonderful afternoon in the warm sunshine picking apples, eating apple doughnuts (oh my--words cannot describe the goodness), enjoying our picnic lunch, and watching the kids run all over the beautiful landscape. 
 
 Harper, Davis and Emery


 We hit the peak of Golden Delicious and Granny Smith picking time.  So far I've made eight jars of apple butter.  I also see a pie in my future.  The apples are delicious.
 The whole gang!  Davis, Emery, Harper (back row) and Sydney and Max in the wagon.
 Emery hard at work.  She quickly filled our basket to the point of overflowing.
My pretty girl.

No comments: