Tuesday, October 2, 2012

LegoLand at Phipps Plaza

Last week the kiddos and I headed down to Atlanta for a quick visit.  I hadn't been in months and I was itching to go to Book B*tches since I found last month's selection VERY intriguing.  Do yourselves a favor and read Gone Girl.  Words fail me.  All I can say is it's the best book I've read in a loooong time.
 
 While in Atlanta we squeezed in a trip to LegoLand at Phipps Plaza.  Emery, Hayes and Kelsey thoroughly enjoyed themselves.  I thought it was pretty cool, too.  Emery is just now getting into Legos and this visit to LegoLand definitely jumpstarted things.
 Emery is 102 Lego bricks tall.
 My favorite part of the attraction is the exhibit featuring all the Atlanta landmarks constructed out of Legos.  A Delta jet...
 The Capitol building...
 Emery and Hayes put on quite a dance show
 Emery LOVED the Lego Friends section of LegoLand.  I guess these are kind of new....pastel colored Legos geared toward little girls:  bakeries, salons, pet stores, etc.  Well played, Lego!  Lego also has a line of Disney Legos:  Cars, Cinderella, Snow White.  Obviously we had to purchase the Cinderella set of Legos, which Emery has built about fifty times in the past four days.
Karaoke in the Lego Friends Land.

No comments: