Monday, May 2, 2011

St. Francis Mud Run 2011

I completed the St. Francis Hospital Marine Corps Mud Run yesterday with teammates Berchetta Wagner, Sandra Kadien, and Amy Newton. Words cannot describe how much fun we had! We were lucky that our gym (owned by Sandra and her husband) offered to sponsor us, but we felt pressure to make the gym look good. I hope we succeeded! The Mud Run consists of 4 miles of running through creeks and woods with 34 obstacles thrown in the mix. Our time was right at an hour. Next year, with a better understanding of the obstacles, I am sure we can shave a few minutes off that time. Sandra, Berchetta and Amy are my friends and running buddies from our previous neighborhood. Thanks for still including me!

Berchetta, Sandra, Amy and me nice and clean at the beginning of the race

This is the only obstacle I could get a picture of from the starting chute. You run/swim/crawl through a mud pit, climb over a mound of mud and then hoist yourself up this wall. Gulp....I started to get nervous watching this.



Dirty, happy and all in one piece at the finish! SO sore today, but feeling no pain when this picture was taken.


Sandra and Amy, how are you less muddy than Berchetta and me?

Amy relaxing with her beer post-race. Sandra's husband was so nice and met us at the finish line with a tent, chairs, food and Coronas! YUM!!!!

No comments: