Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Sunday

Our Easter was spectacular! I love any occasion when our families get together. Ben and I are very fortunate in that our parents and siblings all really enjoy each other and we're able to have blended holidays from time to time. Two years ago my sister hosted all of the Slagels for Thanksgiving in addition to all of our Atlanta relatives. Such fun! This year Ben and I were hoping for the same kind of event, but not everyone was able to make the trek to Greenville for such a quick trip. We'll take what we can get! My parents, Nanny, Brian, Alison, Hayes, Ben's parents and three big dogs joined Ben, Emery, Maddux, Atticus and me for Easter weekend. We had people in every bedroom, including an air mattress in the basement. I love a full house. I'm hoping to host Christmas one year, but I don't see either of the grandmothers really budging on that one, including my Aunt Donna. ;-)
Emery must have been a very good girl this year because the Easter bunny left her lots of fun stuff in her basket.

And he hid a bunch of eggs in the backyard!

Panama Hayes


Clothing-optional egg coloring. I must admit that I didn't really think Hayes and Emery would really get into the egg dye process this year, but they loved it. If I can find leftover Paas kits at the store, I'm going to stock up and whip 'em out next time I'm wondering what to do with Emery.


Sissy stole a purple egg!

An enormous beach ball on a pretty day is always a source of amusement....for the adults.


We never put clothes back on Emery and Hayes after coloring eggs. They were having such fun playing in all the water features we set up when the temperature crept up into the high 80's.

Emery at the water table


Running through the sprinkler...we still have a month until our pool opens. What am I going to do until then!?!?!?



Cuz and Emmy are so happy when they can spend time together


We ate Easter supper on the porch....very comfortable with the ceiling fan creating a breeze for us.


Double trouble


Jake, Alison and Brian's dog, helped clean up the kiddie table. Thanks, Jake!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

No comments: