Friday, May 6, 2011

Barney at the Bi-Lo Center

Tonight was the big night....Emery got to see Barney and his friends (Baby Bop, BJ, and Riff) LIVE at the Bi-Lo Center. The icing on the cake was that she was joined by her friend, Harper. Harper and her parents, James and Diana, met up with Ben, Emery and me at a delicious little Greek restaurant near our neighborhood called Acropolis. I adore this restaurant. The staff is super friendly and the food is incredible. Harper and Emery were very well behaved during dinner. After dinner we headed downtown to the Bi-Lo Center. On the way there I kept telling Emery that she was going to see Barney. She was holding her stuffed Barney and giving me a perplexed look. She had no idea what was in store!
Hugs at the restaurant
We were given an enormous corner booth, which worked out brilliantly. Emery and Harper could jump around and look out the window, but they couldn't escape.
Diana and James
Ben and me. I had to laugh at the fact that Diana and I both busted out the pearls for Barney. Ha! So this is what our Friday nights have come to?
Making the long climb up to the doors of the Bi-Lo Center
"Barney is inside the building!?!?!?"
Such a big firl. Emery handed her ticket to the scanner all by herself.








"Where is he!?!?!"


I snapped this picture as soon as Barney's theme song began to play. Emery immediately recognized it and was beside herself.

Clapping, dancing, jumping and bouncing for 90 minutes



So sad it's over, but what a fun night! Elmo will be at the Bi-Lo Center in September.....we're so there! If there's one thing Emery loves more than Barney, it's Elmo.

1 comment:

The Benich Family said...

what an awesome fun night!! reminds me so much of wade riding thomas. it blows my mind at how they can love something so much to get that excited. i guess it's like us and new kids circa 1990?

cute pics!
kriya