Monday, January 30, 2012

Final Trip to Atlanta Before Bodie

Ben and a group of guys headed out to Steamboat for a five day ski trip last Wednesday, so Emery and I loaded up Thursday and headed down to Atlanta for some fun with Hayes, Kelsey, Granny, Opa, Nanny, friends and extended family. What a fabulous 48 hours! We started off with a trip to the Georgia Aquarium Friday. Emery has been before (last year), but it just gets better and better each year. Two year olds are so full of wonder and amazement (and bad behaviors, but I digress). We went with my parents, Alison, Hayes and Kelsey and made plans to meet up with my cousin Alicia, who was babysitting Bree, and my friend Christy, mommy to Caleb and Sloan. Christy's husband had joined Ben in Steamboat. Thanks for spending the day with us!

Hayes was attacked by a remote controlled shark the moment we walked in the door. Pretty neat toy. Yes, Emery is wearing flip flops in January. Pick your battles. I packed shoes and socks in her backpack, but she insisted on her princess flip flops the entire day.

Christy and Caleb at the stingray touch tank. Emery loved this as well, though I swear she would jump into the water if not restrained. She's already asking when we can go to the pool. Poor thing. We've got months!

Just like last year, the penguins were Emery's absolute favorite part of the aquarium. She really interacts with them.

Due to my "delicate condition," my poor mother got stuck crawling through the penguin observation tunnel with Emery about twelve times. Sucker!

The "Dory tank." Such pretty fish.

Post lunch ride on a seahorse and mermaid for the crazy cousins

Dance off near the entrance/exit. Journey was playing on the speakers and Hayes just can't resist him some "Don't Stop Believing!"


Saturday I was treated to a luncheon/sprinkle at The Swan Coach House in Buckhead for the ladies in my family. Mom and Alison treated us and outdid themselves with this diaper cake and little prams filled with "Bodie James" M&M's.

How cute!

Kriya, Alison, Mom, Donna, me (with Bodie), Alicia, Michelle, Nanny (holding Kelsey). Thanks for a wonderful "sprinkle!" I can't wait for Bodie to meet all of you. He's going to be one spoiled little boy.

No comments: