Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Ben and I are not really into huge New Years' celebrations, so we decided to have a low-key evening at home with dear friends and our children. What a great way to ring in 2012! Tara, Nando and McKenna Calvo as well as Stuart, Christy, Caleb and Sloan Everett all came up from Atlanta. We were also joined by Casey, Reggie and Davis Bell from right here in Greenville. The kids all got along really well and we had so much fun hanging out, catching up and watching football.

Caleb and Emery getting wild in the laundry room

The daddies smoked cigars while the kiddos played on the porch. Everyone STUNK!


Getting ready to toast at midnight--Stuart, Tara, Christy and Reggie.

Poor Ben. His birthday is January 2nd and he rarely gets much fanfare as everyone is too wiped out from the holidays. Casey and Reggie surprised him with this delicious Bailey's Liquer cake from Strossner's bakery as an early celebration. Best cake I've ever had. Thanks, Bells!

One of my most favorite pictures ever. I am so in love with my new camera. This picture cracks me up for several reasons. First, Emery is shirtless. She started shedding clothes around 10:30. I really don't know why she prefers to be in the buff, but she can only handle clothes for so long before she feels the urge to strip. Secondly, Emery and Ben are both having so much fun at this exact moment. Look at those smiles! Third, Emery has an enormous head. I just had to return her new bike helmet (Santa assumed a size 3+ would fit her, but not even close) and I have to stretch out all of the necks on her shirts before I can get them over her huge melon. I've been wondering where this enormous head came from and then I noticed that Ben had a huge red mark on his forehead after wearing the yellow hat last night. Nobody else who wore the hats ended up with this mark. Mystery solved. But here's the new mystery....what the heck is in that big ol' head of his????

No comments: