Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Busy 2012 Thus Far!

2012 is wearing me out and we've only just begun! I've been nesting like crazy trying to get ready for Bodie's arrival, which is scheduled for Wednesday, February 15th at 12:30. Woohoo! Obviously I am having a C-section. Although I'm not thrilled about the recovery, I cannot wait to meet my little man and TO NOT BE PREGNANT!!! I've definitely reached the miserably uncomfortable stage. I really shouldn't complain as my pregnancy has been easy breezy compared to most, but everything is a struggle right now, especially sleep. Oh well...three weeks to go. Our big projects so far this year have been to potty train Emery (successful, for the most part) and to completely renovate our master bathroom. I am in love with my new bathroom! I don't have any "before" pictures, but imagine a very early 1990's bathroom and you get the idea. Lots of brass fixtures coupled with peach and teal tile. Ugh. We kept the footprint basically the same, but expanded the shower, flipped the new tub and raised the height of the vanities. A fresh coat of soothing gray paint to compliment the new floor, fixtures and counters and we're done. I worked with a company called Dreammaker to do all of the work and I am completely satisfied. The month without a bathroom was well worth it.

Ben's vanity

The shower! I love the rain shower as well as the adjustable wall mounted nozzle. Our water bill is going to be massive. I just stand in there for hours. Ahhhh....


My vanity, which is no longer at midget height. Why were vanities so low before????


New pedastal tub, shelves and chandelier. I know the black radio looks hideous--a white Bose radio will be purchased at some point in the near future.


Of course I've managed to squeeze in a little fun! My dear friends, Casey and Diana, threw a sprinkle for Bodie and me at Brick Street Cafe here in Greenville. What a fabulous afternoon--great friends (my friend, Dana, flew in from Memphis!), delicious food, and lots of cute baby boy items.


Casey, me and Diana. Casey and Diana are also pregnant, due this spring. Our two year olds are the best of friends and I know our new babies will be as well.

No comments: