Sunday, February 19, 2012

Bodie James Slagel is here!

After a week of false labor (contractions HURT!), my scheduled c-section date finally arrived. Bodie James Slagel entered this world on Wednesday, February 15th at 12:28 p.m. weighing 7 lbs, 14 oz and measuring 20" long. He is absolutely perfect! I was expecting a bigger baby since Emery clocked in at almost 9 lbs, but Bodie is a pound lighter than his sister's birth weight. He didn't feel smaller in the womb, that's for sure! The c-section was a piece of cake and I left the hospital a day early because I was so eager to get home to Emery and start settling in with my son.



Big sister Emery and Granny seeing Bodie for the first time. Emery's reaction has been amazing. I was expecting lots of jealousy, but she's actually really sweet to Bodie and eager to help. We'll see if this continues.


Dr. Emery (Hayes is in the background meeting his boy cuz--my entire family came up to Greenville for the birth. Such fun!)


Nanny and her great grandson


Opa and Bodie


My children :)


Emery is a clone of Ben but I can't decide who I think Bodie resembles. He really just kind of looks like Bodie! I see some of Ben, some of me, some of Ben's dad, some of my niece, some of my nephew.....jury's still out.


Our family of four leaving the hospital. We had gorgeous weather the evening of our release.

No comments: