Saturday, September 3, 2011

New pet, big girl room, hot date

Meet Dory! Emery and I kicked off the holiday weekend with a visit to the pet store to look at Nemos (Clownfish) and Dorys (Regal Blue Tangs). Emery is still obsessed with "Finding Nemo" and Dory is her favorite character. I have to admit that Dory (Ellen DeGeneres) is pretty funny. After begging for a Regal Blue Tang, I finally caved and let Emery choose a Betta fish instead. No way am I about to tackle the challenging world of salt water aquariums. Of course Emery chose a blue Betta and named it Dory. She selected a purple tank and purple gravel for Dory's new habitat. I've never had a Betta, but so far so good. Atticus hasn't noticed Dory's aquarium on the kitchen counter yet. Emery is smitten with her new pet.

Pretty Betta

My heart melts when Emery says "Good night, Dory! I love you. See you in the morning." Please don't go belly up, Dory!


Friday's other major event was Emery slept in her big girl bed for the first time overnight. I've been putting her in the bed for naps for several weeks, but I just couldn't bring myself to put her in there at night...she seems so far down the hallway! I was worried I wouldn't hear her if she cried out or that she would wake up in the middle of the night and be scared or confused. Nothing to fear! Emery slept all night and woke up in a great mood. She was grinning from ear to ear and said "Mommy! I sleep in big bed!" when I walked into her room this morning. What a relief! As I blog she is sound asleep in her bed again. Now I just need to bring myself to move her clothes out of the nursery and into her big girl room closet. I know I need to make room for baby #2, but I just can't stand the thought of Emery being totally out of the nursery.


Along with awful football, Saturday brought a fun evening with the Bell family. Emery was so excited to have her boyfriend, Davis, and his parents over for dinner.

BLACKMAIL PICTURE!

No comments: