Friday, September 30, 2011

Budding Artists

My friend, Ashley, and her little girl, Sterling, came over yesterday for an afternoon of painting. Emery and Sterling are only a few weeks apart and play really well together. Ashley brought Sterling's easel so each budding artist could have her own work space. I went to Michael's and purchased each girl a canvas, fancy brushes and smocks. They loved painting and created masterpieces. Emery's is now hanging in her room. I think it's gorgeous!
Emery, Sterling and Ashley hard at work

Emery quickly ditched her brushes in favor of her hands


I ironed these little applique birds onto each smock. I thought they were super cute.


Please notice that Sterling is pristine and Emery looks like Swamp Thing

The finished works of art and the artists. Poor Emery received her easel for her birthday back in June and had been eager to try the paints that came with it. I limited her to the chalk and dry erase board because I knew the paints would be super messy and I wanted to do it outdoors. Since the weather is finally cooling down, I figured we would go for it. What a fun afternoon!

No comments: