Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Quick update

Emery is just about ready to sit on her own. She now hates to be laying flat, or even reclining! I bet under her layer of baby blubber she's got some killer abs because she's constantly trying to do a sit up. So now when I put her in her boppy I have to have another pillow behind her so that she is completely vertical. She tries to hang on to the sides of her changing table to keep from laying down and she gets furious if I do not have her stroller in its full upright and locked position. Gone are the days of leaving Emery unattended anywhere in the house--even for just a nano-second. She's a wiggler! And a mover and a shaker.
Although our weather is gorgeous this time of year (October is the BEST month in the south, in my opinion), mornings are quite chilly. I have had such fun the past few mornings bundling Emery up in various hats during our walks.
Great news to report: Maddux's staples came out this morning and he is almost as good as new! The staples were definitely itching him so I know he feels better now that they are gone. The vet said he is free to do whatever he wants but I'm still handling him with kid gloves. My firstborn!
Ben's younger brother, Scott, came to visit! Scott stayed in Greenville for four days on his way down to Ft. Lauderdale to search for another job on a boat. This was Scott's first time meeting Emery and she loved him right away. Emery was always willing to flash her gums and give him a big grin. And Scott was such a big help!! Please come back!! We don't get to see Scott very often because he's usually off roughing it in the French Riveria or Carribbean, so his visit was really special. Thanks for coming! Aren't those Slagel boys cute??? ;-) I married into a fun (and crazy!) family.

No comments: