Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I think we're ready for you, Emmy Cate! Join us, won't you?

The nesting that takes place during the last phase of pregnancy is quite remarkable. Even though I am hardly sleeping (adrenalin, excitement, discomfort, etc.), I am rarely tired. I just nest and nest and nest! I have been a maniac the past few days with getting everything 100% ready for Emery's homecoming. Poor Ben is being dragged into this with me as I need his help with a lot of the tasks, such as assembling stuff or mounting things. We spent last night assembling the Pack N' Play and swing and I've done probably eight loads of laundry and organized my brains out. Emmy's armoire is stocked and ready to go--everything is washed and hanging from left to right by size. All her drawers are stuffed with freshly washed booties, hats, blankets, towels, washcloths, burp cloths and bibs. She has diapers and wipes and clean sheets. All I have left to do is to pack our bags for the hospital and Ben has to install the carseat. But first I have to decide which adorable outfit Emery should wear for her going home celebration! I know I've posted pictures of the nursery before, but I am adding a few more now that we are totally done.


**The super cute Moses basket has been moved to the closet. I'm so sad to hide it, but Atticus refused to believe that it was not a cat bed for him. Now that all the linens have been washed, Atty is no longer allowed to sleep in it. Poor guy--the first of many adjustments he and Maddux are going to have to make in the coming months.


Look at all those shoes! Like mother, like daughter. I realize that this is nothing to brag about, but I did not duplicate outfits during an entire school year in high school. (Having a twin sister helped greatly with that task). I think I will be able to do the same with Emery's wardrobe as this isn't even all of them--some bigger sizes were moved to the closet to make room for all the stuff she will be able to fit into right away.
She has a hooded towel for every day of the week.

Pink rugs were added to what used to be the guest bathroom in honor of Emery.

She's stocked with toys, body wash and shampoo.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Your nursery looks GREAT!!! You are all set-- so organized!!!! The big day is getting closer and closer!!!