Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Baby Shower #2

After the wonderful Saturday afternoon spent in Atlanta with my friends, my family and I drove up to Greenville for another shower Sunday afternoon. My good friends, Ashley and Katie, hosted a dessert shower at Ashley's house and it was incredible. Ashley's house is exquisite and the desserts were equally impressive. Ashley is a closet Iron Chef winner! Not really, but she could be. Up until recently I did not know that Ash took a cake decorating class for several YEARS. Wow. She made an alligator cake for her twin boys' birthday party back in March that was mind blowing. She topped that effort with the onesie cake she made for Emery! I feel so honored. Ashley and her husband are expecting a baby girl in July and Katie and her hubby had a baby girl last July. I am loving going through this experience with Ashley--and I think we've both learned a lot from Katie. Thanks, Ashley and Katie!
Pram and bottle cookies--in honor of the pram I received for Christmas that I can't wait to put to use. Sorry the picture is sideways--I can't get it to rotate for some reason.
The incredible onesie cake. It tasted as good as it looked!

The table was stunning--Ash broke out all the good stuff. We drank out of sterling silver mint julep cups and sterling silver goblets. I don't think I've ever actually used a mint julep cup as a beverage vessel until Sunday. How special!

No comments: