Monday, September 8, 2008

More redecorating!




Our new study is complete! I decided to go with a cranberry and yellow toile color scheme....very bold colors for me as I'm usually a pastel girl. Now I know why: painting a room red is a NIGHTMARE. Five coats of paint (my mom came up to help, thank goodness) and it still wasn't quite right! I thought we were never going to get it done so I finally hired a professional to come in and do one more coat....and now it's flawless. Live and learn. Next time I decide on such a rich color, I will just hire someone from the get-go. I had yellow and red striped curtains made and a yellow and red toile tableskirt with a gingham topper made as well. Then I had the pouf and my Parson's chair recovered in toile and purchased lots of antique gold accessories to finish it up. Now we're moving on to the family room.....hopefully I'll have pictures of that completed room in a few weeks!

No comments: