Friday, June 15, 2012

Emery's First Dance Class

 Emery began dance class last week.  I have to admit that I was terrified leading up to this class.  I'll be honest:  Emery's behavior in gymnastics and Kindermusik the past several months has been challenging.  I never know how she's going to react (shy, loud, sweet, crazy, obedient, irrational, boisterous, perfect....she's full of surprises).  In fact, I even tried to become a Kindermusik drop out back in April, but Emery's sweet teacher, Miss Cindy, convinced me to stick it out.  We tried dance for several reasons--Emery loves to dance, the class is not a parent/toddler setting, and her best friend, Harper, is in the class.  Emery couldn't wait for Tuesday to get here.  She wore a tutu every day and "practiced" her ballet.
 The big day finally arrived!  Yay!  I couldn't have asked for more from my child.  Emery was a perfect angel.  Who knew that removing Mommy from the classroom could have such an impact!?!?! 
 The little princesses started off with tap and then switched to ballet halfway through the hourlong class.

 Changing into her ballet shoes.

Emery and her classmates (I love that the class is so tiny) received stamps after class.

1 comment:

Celia Maciomhair said...

She looks so lovely in her tutu! Taking ballet classes at an early age is perfect for her because this activity offers a lot of benefits. These include having a good posture, increase in physical strength, and enhanced self-esteem. Anyway, it’s nice to know that you all had a great holiday.

Celia Maciomhair