Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving and The Polar Express

Ben and I hosted Thanksgiving at our house this year. A slightly smaller crowd than usual, but still crazy and fun. My parents, Nanny, Brian, Alison, Hayes, Kelsey and my cousin Nathan's family (wife Michelle, children Wyatt and Lauren) all made the trip. Oh, and all the dogs. My first time preparing a turkey went pretty well--not nearly as scary as I envisioned. We had a great time watching football and spending time together. Thanks for making the trip! I was so busy during the day that I did not take any pictures other than this one of Kelsey chilling in the pram during dinner. However, the day after Thanksgiving was spent in Bryson City, NC, riding The Polar Express! I took plenty of pictures of that.




Team Stephens! Alison and I insisted on all members of our families (Nanny got a hall pass) wearing Christmas jammies on the train. Ben and Brian put up a fuss, but in the end they went along with it.


Here comes Emery leading the chefs and children down the aisle of car #8. The train excursion was done really well: hot chocolate that was the perfect temperature for kiddos, Christmas carols, Santa, keepsake silver bells, cookies, and lots of interaction with the "chefs," "conductor," and "hobo." The trip was very similar to the book--we rode to "the North Pole" to pick up Santa while having the story narrated to us. Emery and Hayes loved it!


Some other passengers in their jammies


Emery loved the hot chocolate and her new thermos.


The conductor punching Emery's ticket just like in the movie!


Hayes and Emery watching for Santa as we near the North Pole.

Singing Christmas carols.....did you know Emery can read??? ;-)


Santa gifted each child with a silver bell!


Hayes and Emery dancing in the aisle to "Deck the Halls."

Nanny was a good sport and joined us. Emery, Hayes and Kelsey LOVE Nanny.


Proof I was on the train and also in matching jammies. With Bodie, of course. Speaking of Bodie, I am officially in my third trimester and feeling great! Huge, but great.

No comments: