Sunday, November 13, 2011

Emery Kerrigan!

Ben and I took Emery took an open skate session at the Bi Lo Center this afternoon. What a wonderful discovery! Open Skate is held Sundays from 1-4 during hockey season as long as the Greenville Road Warriors do not have a home game that day. I guess not many know about it, because the enormous rink was not busy at all. Such a treat for Emery to be able to experience skating for the first time without hundreds of people zooming by. Not surprisingly, Emery LOVED skating. I thought Ben was going WAY too fast with her, but she was smiling and laughing and begging for more whenever they stopped. I didn't skate (preggo--kind of risky), so Emery used this PVC walker device to get around. Unfortunately, Ben had to skate hunched over behind Emery in order to push her and his back was killing him after about ten minutes. Wow, we are getting old. After Bodie is born we'll have to try again with Ben and I each holding one of Emery's hands instead of her relying on the walker thing. Other than the sore back, today was a complete success. We had to drag Emery off the ice.







Whee! Here they come!




I remembered my camera, but not the memory card. I'm so sick of my stupid pregnant brain! These pictures were taken with my Blackberry. Not too bad, but should have a lot more. Bummer.

No comments: