Monday, July 4, 2011

God Bless America!







I hope everyone had a wonderful Independence Day! We certainly did, although it was very low-key. Ben, Emery and I spent the afternoon at the pool enjoying the Thornblade cookout, followed by naps (Emery and Ben) at home and then sparklers in the driveway after bath time. Emery wore her festive Fourth pajamas...an enormous Maltese tee shirt with red, white and blue fireworks. Emmy saw these shirts at Wal-Mart and loved them because of the Maddux resemblance. Adorable, but the smallest size available is a women's extra small. No kiddie sizes. Oh well, I guess she can wear it every Fourth for the next fifteen years! The sparklers were a big hit. I actually thought Emery may be a little fearful of them (silly me), but of course she was not the least bit timid around them. She insisted on double fisting and cried when the last sparkler was extinguished. Hopefully I can find more soon.

No comments: