Monday, February 14, 2011

Father/Daughter Dinner Disaster

Man, did I have high hopes for this event! Our country club, Thornblade, hosts an annual father/daughter dinner every year the weekend before Valentine's Day. I remember reading about this particular event two years ago when we first joined the club and, being pregnant with a baby girl, teared up at the thought of Ben and Emmy attending together. Obviously she was too young last year, but I thought she could handle it at 20 months of age. Apparently I was wrong. I got Emery all dressed up and made Ben wear a pink shirt (not an easy task!) and booked them for the 5:30 seating. I was super amped to have an evening to myself with a glass (or two) of wine, my new Southern Living magazine, and a bunch of DVR'd "Modern Family" episodes. What was I thinking!?!?! I hadn't even opened the bottle of vino before Ben called (twice) to say that Emery was acting like a maniac and refusing to sit in her chair. She also managed to splatter ketchup all over the place and was being very loud. They were coming home. Darn! But they sure did look cute.

Ben and his mini-me
Thanks, Nanny, for the super cute Valentine dress!

A brief, rare, fleeting moment of Emery behaving


"Yay! Ketchup!"

Less than an hour later, back at home. I fixed ravioli for all of us and never even opened my magazine. But I did manage to open the wine. ;-)

No comments: