Monday, October 13, 2008

Fabulous Weekend

While Ben went to Athens for the UGA/Tenn game this weekend, I headed down to Atlanta for the ultimate girls' weekend! My friend, Christy, is due to have her baby boy in mid-December so she was feted with a wonderful shower at Indian Hills Country Club on Saturday. Making the day extra special was that Carrie Fox Berwick flew all the way to Atlanta from Denver for the occasion. Seeing Carrie is such a treat as she is super busy in CO with her two little boys. I hadn't seen her since my wedding! Saturday evening I dined at SoHo and had a drink at Meehans in Vinings with Carrie, Lindsay, Alison and Paige. We had a great evening. I wish I could see these girls more often! Sunday was spent brunching at J. Christopher's with Alison, Jenny, Sarah and Elizabeth. Like an idiot I forgot to snap a picture. The food and the company were spectacular. Girls, we really need to make it a point to do that more often. I miss you! Sunday evening Mom cooked up a big dinner for the family and James and Debbie. It was the perfect weekend.....I even managed to squeeze in a little shopping.

The guest of honor with Carrie and Lindsay
Carrie Berwick, Lindsay Rinehart, Alison Stephens, me and Paige Hester at Meehans

Friday night Ben and I finally made the trek to Spartanburg to see Laura and Will Ringo's house. They are renovoating a 100 year old home downtown....and they're doing it themselves! Ben and I were so impressed with their progress.....and their pets. Will and Laura have a super cute puppy named Collins (he's a mix of boxer and beagle and probably several other breeds....Jack Russell, perhaps) and a cat named Miller who is a clone of Atticus! The resemblance is uncanny. The even behave the same way (fiesty). After touring the house and playing with the fur-babies we headed to dinner with Kim and Hamp Kinnemore. Fun night!

Collins and Miller sittin' prettyLaura and Will Ringo in their new/old kitchen

No comments: