Monday, May 14, 2012

What I do Instead of Sleep

 Several months ago I bought an emroidery machine so that I could monogram Emery's clothes (and now Bodie's) on my own instead of paying someone to do it for me.  Then, I discovered how much fun appliques are.  Now I am a fully addicted to my machine.  Thankfully, I have friends who are bringing me clothes to monogram for their children.  I recently did a bunch of dresses and tee shirts from Old Navy and Wal-Mart for some of Emery's friends.  A $9.00 dress from Old Navy and a $3.00 shirt from Wal-Mart are so much cuter with a monogram!





 I took a break from monogramming for my best friend from college, Katie, and her little girl, Ella, to come visit.  Since they were here Mother's Day weekend, my mom, Nanny, Alison, Hayes and Kelsey all came to stay, too.  We had so much fun that I didn't stop to take any pictures except for a few of the children (and Nanny).  Unfortunately, we had craptacular weather and the kiddos were confined to the house or porch the entire time, but it didn't seem to bother them one bit.  Below, Nanny checks in on Emery, Ella and Hayes blow bubbles.
 The children played so hard that Hayes passed out face down on the kitchen floor as Alison was getting her car packed up to leave. 
Thanks for coming to visit! 

No comments: