Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Busy Day!

I did it! After stressing about it for weeks, I completed the Peachtree City Sprint Triathlon last weekend. I was a nervous nelly because I was going to be riding my mountain bike and was convinced that I would come in dead last because everyone else would be on speedy road bikes. Turns out I was fine. Slow on the bike, for sure, but definitely not last. I had a great time racing with my sister, aunt and cousin. Plus, I was able to meet up with some friends at the start and finish. Perfect weather for the race. I will definitely do another tri, but I need to get a road bike first. I am honestly shocked at how much fun the event was. Great job, PTC!




After the race we rushed back to Atlanta to meet up with James, Debbie and Phinley Boyd. The Boyds were in town from FL for the weekend. I miss them so much! Phinley (18 months) and Emery had lots of fun with each other.

Then it was off to McKenna Calvo's first birthday party. We couldn't miss that! Emery and McKenna are travel buddies and great little playmates. Plus, any excuse to hang out with Tara and Nando. The party was at their house and everything was wonderful. Delicious food and a very happy birthday girl.

Emery had a ball playing with "new" toys at the Calvo house.
And now we are in the middle of moving.....will post pictures of the new house once I get rid of all the boxes and finish hanging stuff on the walls.

No comments: